The beauty of the short story is its ability to instantly gratify the listener. If you enjoy Gothic stories such as Wuthering Heights that have a contemporary feel like the Twilight series, "Blood Moon" can fill your suspense needs.
- Introduces how past observations of a person can color their opinions of another in later situations.
- Addresses lifelong friendships, with all of their complexities.
- Portrays affinity and contempt, as well as loyalty and aversion.
- Addresses family dynamics and their effects on all those involved.
- Draws a line of how one's attractions can evolve from childhood to adulthood.
- Compares and contrasts fear and attraction.
- Describes the campus life of a college student.
- Online communication as a primary form of contemporary communication.
- Uses occasional humor to complement the unsettling feelings the story inspires.
- Features familiar elements in a completely different way.
The story begins quickly with a bold admission. It maintains a quick pace by interweaving narratives from the past with the contemporary online conversation between two lifelong friends. The intensity builds through a series of escalating events.
Since it is a highly satisfying piece that holds the listener's attention throughout, it can be an excellent gift for the suspense fans in your life.
Short Story Press publishes short stories written by everyday writers.
Chapter 0Duración: 10s
Chapter 1Duración: 33min
Chapter 2Duración: 19s